- Groups will be made by Mike Richards and Tyler Osborne.
- Prior seasons evaluation from coaching staff, will be taken into consideration when making groups/teams.
- Group 1 will consist of mostly A and high-level B players form previous season.
- Group 2 will consist of mostly B players from prior season.
- Group 3 will consist of mostly C level players from the prior season with learn to play mixed in.
- Players may be asked to change groups during evaluations.
4-day breakdown (3 Groups)
- Wednesday - Goalie evaluation.
- Thursday - Groups 1 and 2 will do skills.
- Friday – Group 3 will do skills and groups 1 and 2 will do flow drills, line rushes and cross ice games.
- Saturday – Group 3 will do flow drills, line rushes and cross ice games. Groups 1 and 2 will play full ice scrimmage.
- Sunday – Group 3 will play full ice game while Groups 1 and 2 will play full ice game if needed.
- Mike Richards and Tyler Osborne.
- Paid evaluators who are chosen by Mike Richards and/or Tyler Osborne.
- Other coaches of different ages may be asked to evaluate.
Skills - Skaters
- Tight turns
- Quickness for Up/Down
- Pace of play
- Hockey IQ/Awareness
- Overall game score
Once teams are formed, General Managers have signed off temporary rosters and coaches have agreed to run games and practices for temporary teams, the below process will take place.
- Coaches will then continue with evals.
- Coaches will make recommendations.
- Any player who is deemed by coaches to be misplaced will have to be approved by DOH/ADOH and will have to be seen by DOH/ADOH to make the move. The player will then be asked to move to the team above/below to make sure the player is placed accordingly. Coaches feedback will again be relied on.
- This coach’s evaluation process will take approximately one month.
- Teams will be finalized after this process is complete.
- If player is still injured, special exception will be granted.
Players who missed August eval due to travel or other commitments/Injury
- Players will be asked to skate where DOH or ADOH seems fit.
- Coaches will provide feedback if DOH or ADOH cannot attend.
- LiveBarn can be used in some rare cases.
- Process will be as followed under Bullet point #4 listed above.
After initial evals in August, teams may begin to register for tournaments. The Rockets will pay for teams to register for these tournaments prior to collecting team fees. Once the teams are set (after the month long eval process), teams can collect team fees and pay back the Rockets for their tournament fees.